Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage is one of the most relaxing forms of massage you will ever receive. Since the head is central to the nervous system, head massage aims to calm and relax the entire body. It involves the use of many different techniques to release tension that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles, and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders.
This massage involves deep thumb and finger pressure, incorporates several acupressure points, friction as well as soothing stroking and laying of hands. It is a truly holistic therapy with many positive physiological and psychological benefits.
The treatment can be tailored to your particular needs and comfort, the massage can be performed with or without oils, I can incorporate aromatherapy oils into your treatment if you so desire. You may remain fully clothed or remove your upper clothing.
The sense of utter well-being, lightness of spirit, and deep relaxation following an Indian head massage has to be experienced to be believed!
BENEFITS OF HEAD MASSAGE
* Increases the supply of fresh oxygen and glucose to the brain.
* Through massage an electro-chemical balance can be maintained, which results in health and long life.
* Relaxes the nervous system and eliminates the fatigue caused by mental stress and strain.
* Improves circulation of that life-giving cerebrospinal fluid.
* Increases the secretion of growth hormones and necessary for the growth and development of brain cells.
* Increases the circulation level of pranic energy, inside the brain, by kneading and pressing the muscles, accumulated toxins are encouraged to leave the body; in exchange the cells fill with nutrient materials and prana. The body and the immune system become strong and stamina, vitality and virility increase.
* Retards hair loss, premature balding, and greying by stimulating the circulation to the hair follicles encouraging hair growth.
* Massage in general, and head massage in particular, is an effective device for inducing sleep.
* Application of nourishing oils to the head helps both calm and strengthens the brain and nervous system. When the oil is applied to the head, it is absorbed by the hair roots; these in turn are connected with the nerve fibres that lead directly to the brain